Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mike Cole



I've been part of the xmca mailing list for the past few months and have encountered many e-mails from Mike Cole. His web site can be found under the links on the right of this page.

Not too long ago I was interested in what someone had to say about my research, and Mike being the 'main' on the xmca list, he seemed to be the best choice. He had encouraged me to 'not be the newbie' on the list but instead to add my thoughts and my comments on my own research. My initial posts were commented on by others and my thoughts were shot down by one or two, which left me wondering what the heck I was really doing. Mike was kind enough to look at my paper on the V-task and comment. Although the list for the most part is a little too esoteric for me, witnessing the communications between some of the greatest minds has been an experience in the least.
The amount of contributions Mike has made to the world of psychology and the world involving Vygotsky is astounding. His CV is 21 pages. I'm very embarrased to have asked him to read my paper. I simply hadn't done my homework to find out who the man was behind this xmca mailing list.
But putting that all aside, his warm nature, his vitality and support on the list has been inspiring and I look forward to many more discussions!
His link will lead you to many web sites, so I encourage you to look around!

No comments: