Friday, August 17, 2007

This year in Hiroshima

A few of my colleagues took the trip down to Hiroshima this year for the annual University of Birmingham seminars. I was unable to head down, much to my own disappointment. We want to start a new program called MASH, which Steve launched this year to the audience of new MA students.
MASH will assist students in their studies in their MA in TEFL/TESL and linguistics through the help of collaborative learning and podcast seminars. I've taken it upon myself to learn all about podcasting, .m4a and .mp3 files as well as enhancing podcasts, creating them, uploading them an publishing them. It was a five hour course, but I can now say that I'm a little bit more in tune with the new world of podcasts and the audience that they can reach. Still need to get myself in tune with the RSS feeds and such, but, little by little.

Sorry I couldn't make it down to Hiroshima to contribute to the launch seminar, but I'll be there next year!

No comments: